Depth Therapy Explained

Updated: 5 days ago

Depth therapy theorizes that the human psyche is partially conscious and partially unconscious. Numerous neuroscientists have concluded that only 5% of our decisions, emotions, actions, behaviours are conscious whereas the remaining 95% of our decisions, emotions, actions and behaviours are unconscious.


This is because your mind stores unprocessed experiences from the past, and this influences how you feel and think. Until you make the unconscious - conscious, whatever you could not endure in the past can unconsciously "act out"despite your conscious efforts to control it. Societal, collective and archetypal forces also affect how you think and act.

How Does Depth Therapy Work?

A depth-oriented therapy session explores your current life events as well as your experiences as they relate to your most pressing concerns and problems. Depth therapy sessions also consider your soul, your heart, your creativity and your intuition to be an essential part of your emotional healing process.

Techniques used in depth therapy to facilitate growth and change include:

Deep Questioning: Depth therapy addresses you as a whole person, body, emotions, mind and soul, and it involves the asking of gentle questions, and also challenging and surprising questions. Depth-oriented questions support you to develop an increased understanding of "how you tick" inside. Once discovered, the unconscious negative motivations born from your challenging life experiences can be transformed into new life-affirming patterns of living.

Spontaneous Art and Writing: An in-depth therapy session can feel like "wandering" into the unknown. Deeply listening to your dreams, thoughts and emotions can facilitate unknown, forgotten and repressed information that will support your healing. If you are so inclined, expressive arts practices can support you to deepen self-awareness. You can explore self-led expressive arts courses HERE.

Envisioning a Better Future: Therapy is a safe place to envision and practice inspiring plans for the future that transcend unhealthy patterns from the past. Understanding patterns from your past support you to explore more unlimited future scenarios. Practicing new behaviours and ways of thinking in an atmosphere of encouragement for your highest possibilities can help you to change deeply ingrained emotional habits that have held you back for decades.

What Issues Can Depth Therapy Help You With?

Healing the Past: Depth-oriented therapy can have long-lasting, significant results. It is suitable for individuals who want to more deeply explore their inner world to increase self-awareness on a deep level, change entrenched negative psychological patterns, and heal emotional pain for good.


Enjoying the Present: Deep healing always happens in the loving present moment. Spending loving time and space with what is emerging from your growth edge is enlightening, fun and surprising. Your mind and heart will always reveal your next growth step when you are supported to speak honestly and spontaneously in a session.

Envisioning the Future: If you are having difficulty understanding your life purpose, depth therapy can also help you to gain insight into how your unconscious conditioning holds you back expressing from your highest possibilities. Anchoring a greater sense of your authentic self can liberate you from self-limiting patterns and set you free to live a life free from familial, societal and cultural conditioning.

With care,

Shelley


250 views
Contact Me

Telephone: 403-929-4480

shelleyklammer@hotmail.com

  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • RSS Social Icon
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Twitter Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Black YouTube Icon

© 2020 by Shelley Klammer.