What You Can Expect
1. Comradeship and connection in the art-making process.
2. Deeper insights into your creative process than you would find when creating alone.
3. An amplification of inspiration for your creative process.
4. Enjoyment of the creative process in dialogue with another.
5. A deeper experience of the intuitive art process.
6. Safe, professional guidance in the expressive arts.
7. A creative exploration as to how your emotional pain blocks your highest self-expression.
8. Intuitive insights from outside of your personal mind and access to greater inspiration than you might access through thought alone.
9. The "felt" understanding your emotions in visual form.
10. New ways to describe your feelings through spontaneous art and wordplay.
Creating Expressive Art in Session
A Mini Creative Workshop - If this interests you, you can envision each therapy session almost like a one hour guided expressive arts workshop where we will intuitively create art together. During session time, I will facilitate short expressive arts exercises that will support you to tap into your intuitive mind.
A Spontaneous Visual Dialogue - You will not be creating alone! I typically create art alongside you, to deepen into my own intuition, and to spontaneously and visually dialogue with you. Creating together deepens the level of honesty, insight and it intensifies the session into a living breathing visual conversation.
Expressive Arts Exercises: Each session, spontaneously created in the moment might include short collage, poetry, storytelling, painting or drawing exercises. You can let me know what feels best for you, but truly, all of the creative invitations that I offer do not require prior art or writing experience.
Art and Writing Materials: Please bring a pen, journal, sketchbook or paper. Also bring 3 magazines, a glue stick, scissors, oil pastels, watercolour paints, brushes and water.
Typically in session time, we will explore your higher visions for your life, and what is holding you back from actualizing them.
All art sessions are done on Skype, Zoom or Face Time.
I'm a registered and insured member of the Association of Cooperative Counsellors of Canada (ACCT) as a Masters level counsellor. (MTC)
I'm a Registered Counselling Supervisor with ACCT. (RCS)
I'm a Registered Consultant and Educator with the International Expressive Arts Therapy Association. (REACE)
I teach expressive art internationally online. See www.expressiveartworkshops.com