Creative Expression in a Therapy Session
The Process: If you would like to do some short expressive art or writing exercises in your therapy session, I am happy to facilitate this for you in a way that is different from art therapy. Typically, an art therapist would facilitate art-making for most of your session and talk about what you have created near the end of your session. The sessions that I offer as a depth therapist are different from an art therapy session. I facilitate short spontaneous exercises to spark a deeper therapeutic conversation using methods to tap into your deeper unconscious mind.
During your session time, I will facilitate 1-3 short expressive arts exercises that can support you to tap into your right brain so that we can deepen our conversation.
Expressive Arts Exercises: Each session, spontaneously creating in the moment might include short collage, poetry, storytelling, painting or drawing exercises. You can let me know what feels best for you, but all the surprising creative invitations that I offer do not require prior art or writing experience.
Art Materials: Please bring a pen, journal, sketchbook or paper. Also bring 3 magazines, a glue stick, scissors, black and coloured markers, oil pastels, watercolour paints, brushes and water.
Typically, in session time, we can explore your higher vision for your life, and what is holding you back from actualizing it, or we can explore a deeper connection to your emotional pain.
All art sessions are done on Zoom.
What You Can Expect
1. Connection and guidance in your art-making process.
2. Deeper insights into your creative process than you would find when creating alone.
3. An amplification of inspiration for your creative process.
4. Enjoyment of the creative process in dialogue with another.
5. A deeper experience of the intuitive art process.
6. Safe, professional guidance in the expressive arts.
7. A creative exploration as to how your emotional pain blocks your highest self-expression.
8. Intuitive insights from outside of your personal mind and access to greater inspiration than you might access through thought alone.
9. The "felt" understanding your emotions in visual form.
10. New ways to describe your feelings through spontaneous art and wordplay.
Counselling & Hypnotherapy
I'm a licensed and insured member of the Association of Cooperative Counsellors of Canada (ACCT) as a Masters level counsellor. (MTC)
I'm a certified Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapist - Trauma Specialist (C.Hyp)
I'm a Registered Consultant and Educator with the International Expressive Arts Therapy Association. (REACE)
Visit shelleyklammer.courses for more information and courses.