top of page

Insurance Coverage

I am a counsellor registered and insured with the Association of Cooperative Counsellors of Canada (ACCT). If you live in Canada some or all of your fees may be covered by your insurance provider. If you do not see your provider in the list below you can ask on a case-by-case basis. I provide letters of introduction to my services and my counselling association if you want to pursue coverage.


You're receiving coverage is actually dependent upon your employer's benefit plan coverage wording. Insurance companies cover what their clients want to pay for in essence. Some insurers will be open to you choosing your own counsellor, so you can ask your insurer if you do not see your provider below. 


After paying for my services you can seek reimbursement from the following insurers:


Sun Life - your policy must state that Counselling or Psychotherapy are covered.


Pacific Blue Cross - for plans that cover the services of clinical counsellors. Please note: I am covered by Blue Cross in British Columbia and not covered in Alberta. You will have to find a psychologist or a social worker in Alberta to be covered.

Green Shield - for plans that cover clinical counsellors.


Equitable Life of Canada 




ManuLife - claims are reviewed on a case by case basis. I have been covered by Manulife before, so I can write a letter for you. 


Before you send in your claim, you must first confirm that your benefits plan includes counselling or the services of clinical counsellors to be covered by my services. Some policies might require you to see a psychologist or a social worker instead.

Shelley Klammer - Profile Pic.jpeg
bottom of page